Combined DES salt and Keytab cleanup patch

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 14 01:39:18 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 20:34 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> > Why not just deal with the key as presented?  We have:
> >
> > smb_krb5_get_keyinfo_from_ap_req(), which returns the enc
> > type of the incoming ticket.
>
> Hmmm...Did you read the patch ?  The point was to limit
> the keys in the keytab to enctypes support by AD.
> Not ticket decryption.

Ahh, sorry, it must have been an earlier change.  I was reading the
current code in ads_secrets_verify_ticket().  At one point, that asked
the krb5 code for the list of encryption types, and now it just uses the
types you list above, in a static array.

I just think the 'try to decrypt with every enctype' loop is silly.

Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.                   http://redhat.com