Winbindd change password request

Sun Jul 2 17:45:32 GMT 2006

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 02:56:46PM +0200, Alexey Kobozev wrote:
> I didn't refer to wks account password. Your question was if
> password change depends on wks account password. Yes I think
> it does, but what how does it affect the patch. The proposed
> patch acts exactly as plaint text password change that is
> already implemented in winbindd.

In the patch you sent Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:14:06 +0200 in
line 244 I find:

+               /* if we get access denied, a possible cause was that we had and open
+                  connection to the DC, but someone changed our machine account password
+                  out from underneath us using 'net rpc changetrustpw' */

It is this comment and the resulting logic I don't
understand. Could you explain what scenario this is
necessary for?

Thanks a lot,

Volker