PATCH - Joining a domain with samba4 when the user exists

Henrik Nordstrom hno at squid-cache.org
Sun Oct 16 22:53:01 GMT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I've been thinking about this, and changing the convention on the return
> value (so that a value other than 'OK' is also good) is just asking for
> trouble.  I think we should just add a 'BOOL rejoined' flag to the
> r->out structure.  We also need a flag for the input of 'force' so an
> admin can rejoin as a different type of account (overwriting a BDC or
> member, by deleting it first), with 'net join --force'.'

Sounds like a very wise design decision in my ears.

Errors should be reserved for errors. Returning an error on success is
well "odd" to say the least (have many other more colorful words I have
used in relation to API designers on various occations when encountering
such symptoms in various APIs over the years..).

Regards
Henrik