Samba 3.0.20pre2 Build Problem

Matt Schwartz mschwartz at dcscorp.net
Tue Jul 12 23:23:20 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I just wanted to report a build problem with Samba 3.0.20pre2 on Debian
Sarge.  I got the following message when attempting to compile with aio
support.

smbd/aio.c: In function 'schedule_aio_read_and_X':
smbd/aio.c:245: error: structure has no member named 'fd'
smbd/aio.c: In function 'schedule_aio_write_and_X':
smbd/aio.c:324: error: structure has no member named 'fd'
smbd/aio.c: In function 'cancel_aio_by_fsp':
smbd/aio.c:680: error: structure has no member named 'fd'
make: *** [smbd/aio.o] Error 1

I might be missing something but I am pretty sure I have the necessary
pre-reqs for building samba.

Matt