[patch] Makefile.in tweaks for ldb

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri Dec 30 21:44:20 GMT 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 23:01 pm, Simo wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 22:56 +1100, Brad Hards wrote:
> > >
> > > Applied, but the make clean stuff only.
> >
> > Is there some problem with the test suite part?
>
> I find not useful notifying about the fact that we disabled a test.
> We will re-enable it when it is ok, it's just a devel option, no need to
> make more verbose/disturbing output :)
That isn't the point of the change. If you run "make test", then it will fail,
because:
test: $(BINS) test-tdb test-ldap test-sqlite3 test-schema

However there is no target "test-schema". So the test target can never work.

I don't see "make test"  as just being for ldb developers - it is a confidence
test for everyone that builds from source that the build is correct on the
current platform. It should not fail gratuitously.

If you don't want the echo "foo" line, then it is no problem to leave it out.
I just added it for consistency with the test-ldap: and test-sqlite3:
targets.

Brad