Move from unicodePwd to userPassword?

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Fri Dec 30 12:41:03 GMT 2005

>This would make it easier to implement the unicodePwd set operation,
>because it would not conflict with our internal use.  I also take Luke
>Howard's hint seriously:  If we later migrate to match Micorsoft,
>changing formats but not names sounds very painful.

AD doesn't salt the password history, so you won't be able to preserve
histories when you support replication. I'm just trying to stop you
from having the same migration difficulties we had :-)

Also, you might want to use an attribute other than userPassword if you
eventually want to support RFC 2307 (s. 5.3).

-- Luke