Transactions into ldb js?

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Tue Dec 27 09:45:14 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 20:23 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Should we push transactions up into the ldb js layer?

Yes we should, as we may need that later when doing some complex and
critical tree operation via the swat2 interface.

> I have noticed it takes quite a while to provision these days, and I was
> assuming it might be due to the time it takes for every entry to be
> flushed to disk.  Would placing these in a single large transaction be
> faster?

Yes it will do, as instead of having a set of transactions you will have
just one big one (each operation triggers an auto-transaction if no
transaction is open).

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org