Mangling + case sensitivity

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Dec 20 00:30:33 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 11:32:29AM +0200, Dina Fine wrote:

> And Also:
> Rename_internals fails to rename a mangled name when the original file
> contains Microsoft wildcard character
> For example when the Linux file name is  file?file
>
> The fix should be to ignore wildcards if a file name was converted from
> mangling format.

I thought I'd fixed that in the latest SVN code - check out the
"has_wild" parameter passed down to rename_internals in 3.0.21.

If this isn't the case please give me a reproducible scenario
so I can go in and fix this.

This may be as simple as removing the "resolve_wildcards()" all
in the non-wildcard path in rename_internals. I don't think it
should be there.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.