svn commit: samba r12354 - in trunk/source: . nsswitch

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Dec 19 16:35:02 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 04:32 +0000, gd at samba.org wrote:
> Author: gd
> Date: 2005-12-19 04:32:05 +0000 (Mon, 19 Dec 2005)
> New Revision: 12354
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=12354
>
> Log:
> The vastly modified pam_winbind module, now can do krb5 authentication,
> homedir creation, informs about password policies on failed password
> change, also handles logon with expired accounts (with immediate
> password change), etc.

While I certainly understand handling kerberos in winbindd, what made
you push home dir creation into this module.  What was wrong with
pam_mkhomedir?

The reason I bring this up is that homedir creation isn't just a matter
of mkdir, you should also populate it with the skeleton directory
from /etc/skel, which pam_mkhomedir does.