usershare acl parser?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Dec 13 15:34:10 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 09:35:31AM -0500, derrell at samba.org wrote:

> Jeremy, before adding a new ACL format...  There is an ACL formatter and
> parser in libsmbclient that's been there for a long time.  It's used for
> setting and retrieving ACLs on files and folders using the extended attribute
> functions.  It uses a human-readable format.  You may want to see if it
> already does what you're looking for.  If that functionality is needed outside
> of libsmbclient, those functions can be moved to a more generic
> location.

Thanks, but I don't want a generic ACL parser. This is what people
seem to be missing. I need an intermediate format that is capable
of representing the permission checks we do on share acls only.
That is to say, "R|F|D" *only*. The libsmclient parser allows ACL
type, flags and full 32-bit mask to be specified. This is a lot
more than is needed for the human visible format of share acls.

Thanks for the pointer though, I may use this in other areas.

Jeremy.