svn commit: samba r12047 - in trunk/source: auth groupdb nsswitch passdb rpc_server smbd

Sat Dec 3 18:34:11 GMT 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 12:15:09PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> ok.  Can you check how this impacts the security tab on
> a folder?  That would be the main place it would be used
> I think.  But I agree.  Returning it as an alias doesn't
> make sense.

Argl.... And back are all the voyager problems. :-))

This needs fixing once and for all. I know you're busy this weekend, but just
as a reminder: One of the ideas I toyed with during voyager development was to
invent two domains UNIX-GROUPS and UNIX-USERS. These would be the fallback with
1:1 unix id to rid mapping for all ID's we don't find in our mapping.

For portability across installations we could even hard-code them.

Anybody else around having thoughts about this?

Volker