KDC built in or out of smbd

Lukasz Stelmach lukasz.stelmach at telmark.waw.pl
Thu Dec 1 13:52:04 GMT 2005

 Byla godzina 20:21:57 w Wednesday 30 November, gdy do autobusu wsiadl kanar
i wrzasnal:"Stefan (metze) Metzmacher!!! Bilecik do kontroli!!!" A on(a) na to:

> Krishna Ganugapati schrieb:
> >Andrew,
[...]
> Or you can write your own process model module....
>
> But at least when you want to be act as a AD Domain Controller, you need
> the LDAP-Server, the
> KDC-Server, the SAMR-DCERPC module, the auth_sam module to access the
> sam.ldb,
> witch is the LDAP-like database that stores the AD tree.
>
> If you have any questions please ask:-)

Will I have to switch from OpenLDAP server to samba's one when Samba4
becomes real. Let them, samba and openldap, be on the same machine.
But will the Samba4 LDAP server be "a must" or just an option
for those who havent LDAP already and want it just to run Samba
and don't think (at least for "now") about using it for other unix
services?

PS. please do cc.
--
Miłego dnia