Samba Issue

paul.bardeskar at sg.abnamro.com paul.bardeskar at sg.abnamro.com
Thu Aug 25 01:43:56 GMT 2005

Hi Andrew,

Check the attached smb.conf file.
I have changed the IP and the host name.

(See attached file: smbconf.txt)
Best Regards,

Paul Bardeskar
ITO Service Delivery Asia Pacific
EDS - ABN AMRO Account,
Software - Midrange ( Unix & Databases)
Mail to  : paul.bardeskar at sg.abnamro.com
Desk    : (65) 6780-6870
Fax       : (65) 6780-6800

                      Andrew Bartlett
                      <abartlet at samba.         To:      paul.bardeskar at sg.abnamro.com
                      org>                     cc:      samba-technical at lists.samba.org
                                               Subject: Re: Samba Issue
                      25/08/05 06:02

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 11:26 +0800, paul.bardeskar at sg.abnamro.com wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> In our Vulnerability Scan we have got this point.
> |------------------------------------|
> | Unix : SAMBA : Blank password on   |
> | 'dummy'                            |
> |------------------------------------|
>

> I need a solution for dummy account it has a blank password
> on our system running with Samba Version 2.2.2.
>
> And i also checked there is no dummy account.
> Please help to set this up.

Can you post your smb.conf?

We need a few more details before we can help.  It sounds like you are
just seeing the normal, documented effects of 'map to guest = bad user',
but it is hard to tell.

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.
ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (including its group companies) shall not be liable for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in
this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that
the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.