samba sid/account mismatch error

Keith Woodard (Non ITT) KWoodard at itt-tech.edu
Thu Oct 7 19:58:34 GMT 2004

Good Day!

   I read a technote that you posted recently.  I am receiving the error,
"no mapping between account names and security ids were done". Under my
scenario, I am using Windows 2000 and trying to log into a domain to gain
access to a trusted resource.  During this process, I noticed that my VPN
credentials were not mapping correctly with NT Global Group information.  Do
you have any ideas on how to get around this error state?

Regards,

IBM Rational Process Engineer

Implementer of the Rational Unified Process for the DEA