i18n question.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Mar 2 17:51:29 GMT 2004

Hi all,

	I'm currently re-writing our pathname handling
to get a good idea for a completely Windows compatible
pathname function (to be added into the POSIX backend
for Samba4, although I'll also add it into Samba 3.x).

What would make it easy is knowing that for all used
UNIX character sets that the characters '/' and '\'
(that's ascii 0x2f and 0x5c) are not present in any
multibyte character sets.

I can still make this work if they are, but I'll have
to explicitly add a slow-path (ie. *very* slow path :-)
for any character set encodings that use these characters
in multibyte encodings.

Any definitive answers out there ?

Thanks,

Jeremy.