LDAP search suffix

Washington County samba at washco.state.ut.us
Wed Jun 2 20:02:06 GMT 2004

At the county we are using a global LDAP server with people/group/machine
subdivide by "ou=". (see below) Unfortunatly because SAMBA will only do
searches using the
global ldap_base we are forced to either modify our LDAP implementation
(not an option) or modify
SAMBA.  We are considering  writing a patch for SAMBA but are wonder if
there was
a specific reason why the ldap_*_suffix is only used when creating new
users, instead of
also being used for lookups?

LDAP STRUCTURE
dc=washco,dc=utah,dc=gov