Adding a privilege infrastructure

Simo idra at samba.org
Mon Feb 23 09:15:21 GMT 2004

Hello *,
in the weekend I had a nice trip to Rome and on the train I found out
finally 4+4 hours of time to work on samba :-)

I produced a preliminary work against the HEAD tree to add privileges
support to our code.

I made this patch to be able to finely delegate functions to non root
users. (for example giving other users/groups a way to join a machine to
the domain without beeing root).

This patch still miss extensions to pdbedit and net to be able to
manipulate privileges and specific code that allows privileges to be
used, but as this code touches important internal structures I would
like a comment on it to be sure I'm not introducing problematic code
into samba.

As soon as I have some more testing (currently tested only with
smbclient) and have manipulation tools I'll commit the patch into HEAD
for wider testing and under Release Manager judgement will hopefully
port it to the 3.0 tree.

have fun,
Simo.
Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org