Fwd: samba problem

Barry Smoke bsmoke at bryantschools.org
Mon Feb 9 19:16:22 GMT 2004

this is our samba firewall portion, where if we want to block it,
we add it to an EVIL chain, and log and drop it...
change to fit yours as necessary...

#Block SAMBA (Does not block INTERNAL Samba services)
#/sbin/iptables -A EVIL -p tcp --dport 137:139 -j LDROP
#/sbin/iptables -A EVIL -p udp --dport 137:139 -j LDROP
#/sbin/iptables -A EVIL -p tcp --dport 445 -j LDROP
#/sbin/iptables -A EVIL -p udp --dport 445 -j LDROP

also, a snippit of your global would be helpful, to determine if it is a
setting.