winbindd panic daemon dies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 6 20:56:55 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 03:05, ww m-pubsyssamba wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> 	more problems I'm afraid. First problem I had was trying
> to get the makerpms.sh use custom configure options, so I dumped
> that idea and just did a configure/make/make install type installation
>  instead. Still no joy though, I've included my latest out put from
> valgrind, but it doesn't seem to contain the information you want.

Now it makes sense - the RPM build process strips the debugging
information.

>  I'm running configure as follows:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug=yes --enable-developer=yes --with-krb5=/usr/local --with-ads --with-winbind
>
> My Makefile sets the CFLAGS as follows,
>
> CFLAGS= -g -gstabs -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -DDEBUG_PASSWORD -DDEVELOPER -I/usr/local/include
>
> A Can you confirm this still isn't providing what you want?
> Any further requests on how I run any of these steps?

I think it's easy now - just ensure you run
/usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd manually - you are probably still running
the RPM-built version.

(You will need to copy your smb.conf to /usr/local/samba/lib, and either
set the other paths, redo the domain join, or copy some of the tdbs into
the right places.

linking

/usr/local/samba/lib to /etc/samba/lib
/usr/local/samba/private to /etc/samba/priviate

Would be the other way to start.

If you can get on IRC, then #samba-technical on irc.freenode.net might
be a good place to work on this.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net