RPC usage and ESE API

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Wed Feb 4 22:27:11 GMT 2004

In reviewing Luke Leighton's DCE/RPC book and the samba4 source, I have not
yet found any RPC calls that would seem to handle the Exchange Server Engine
(ESE) backup and restore functionality, however the Microsoft Exchange SDK
documentation explicitly states that the API uses RPC for remote backup and
restore of the Exchange database.  Has anyone sniffed the network while using
the Backup API to see what it's actually doing -- or otherwise know anything
that might help me?  If so, a pointer to some details would be most
appreciated!

Thanks,

Derrell