rap error 0x47 ?

Steve Simon steve.simon at snellwilcox.com
Tue Aug 31 14:34:08 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have written a cifs/smb client for plan9 (http://plan9.bell-labs.com),
this is complete re-implementation from the specs (and the various
mailing list archives). It all works ok appart from a few anoying
loose ends...

When I send a RAP server enum 2 (infolevel 1) I get the rap error
71/0x47 (unknown error) from XPsp1 and NT4sp6, however it works when
connecting to samba 3.0.6.

I can supply ethereal captures if they help though they don't show
anything but what I have described. A valid packet going out and
error 71 comming back.

Anyone any ideas what error 71 is?

-Steve

This email and any attachments is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, disclosure, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If received in error, please delete this email and any attachments and confirm this to the sender.