-!-HELP-!- SMB3 PDC inconsistent login from WinXP lan clients

Juliano Krieger juliano at rumonorte.com
Mon Aug 16 21:54:54 GMT 2004

Very inconsistent login from my lan WinXP clients at all.
Sometimes everything works fine!, but sometimes clients cannot load
profile from server, or loggin disconected.
Sometimes WinXP said that domain controller cannot be contacted...

BUT, once client logged-in, every thing works OK at all.

My only problem is login inconsistency, the problem is randomical, i
cannot trace any criteria about this.

What can i add into my smb.conf to add more stability to smb login process ?

Bellow my smb.conf:
Note:  socket options is omitted, may be this is the problem? or i'm
using safe defaults?)

[global]
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0
hosts allow = 192. 127.
unix charset = LOCALE
workgroup = xyz
netbios name = xyz
server string = xyz
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost
log level = 1
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/%m
max log size = 0
smb ports = 139 445
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
time server = Yes
printcap name = CUPS
add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -a -m '%u'
delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel %u
add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p '%g'
delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel '%g'
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m '%g' '%u'
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -x '%g' '%u'
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod.pl -g '%g' '%u'
add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w '%u'
#shutdown script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/shutdown.sh
#abort shutdown script = /sbin/shutdown -c
logon script = scripts\logon.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon drive = C:
domain logons = Yes