idmap ideas and questions ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Fri Oct 3 15:22:59 GMT 2003

Greetings ...

    Finally got my Samba3 and AD intergration testings working very
nice, with idmap in ldap.

    But now I have a question ... I have not seen this on the list, but
if they have been ask, please forgive me ...

    Has there been any throught about been able to modify the shell
entery for a user using the ldap imap?  The reason I ask, is that most
all my users will never need a login, but a few, like myself, will, so I
would like to be able to list the template shell as /sbin/nologin and be
able to add a shell=/bin/bash in the ldap db for the idmap, or is there
a better way to do this ...

Mailed
Lee