Compile error in server.c

James Willard james at whispering.org
Tue Mar 25 21:12:04 GMT 2003

I'm getting an error when trying to compile the HEAD branch of Samba.
I've been following it in CVS since, well, since it was created. The
problem suddenly appeared about a week or two ago and I've been updating
daily ever since to see if it would go away. Despite a 'make distclean',
removing config.h, and rebuilding, the error still exists:

Compiling smbd/server.c
smbd/server.c: In function `main':
smbd/server.c:862: `static_init_rpc' undeclared (first use in this
function)
smbd/server.c:862: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
smbd/server.c:862: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [smbd/server.o] Error 1

Thanks,

James Willard
james at whispering.org