Machine account password interoperablity for Samba 3.0 secrets.tdb and keytabs

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Fri Mar 21 22:13:34 GMT 2003

>Yes. This is a problem.  In the past I have favored a 'krb5 keytab
>write' option that would write our password out into the standard
>keytab, but there were good reasons not to.  The problem is, I can't
>remember what they were.  Mostly 'if somebody changed our password under
>us' stuff.

Hmm, why would this be a problem? (I mean, I can understand it would be
a problem if it happened while SAMBA was running, but keytabs tend to be
fairly static...)

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com