adddriver RPC

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Wed Mar 19 10:43:14 GMT 2003

On March 19, alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il said:

> I put all the files in the print share at (\\dev\print$\w32x86).  The
> files are from Windows XP Professional SP1.  The files are, as
> reported by the printer test page:
>
> pscript.ntf
> pscript.hlp
> ps5ui.dll
> hplj5si1.ppd
> pscript5.dll
>
> I issued the following command from rpcclient:
>
> adddriver "Windows NT x86" "HP LaserJet 5Si/5Si MX PS":pscript5.dll:hplj5si1.ppd:ps5ui.dll:pscript.hlp::pscript.ntf

The adddriver rpc expects to find the files in \\dev\print$; it will
move them to the w32x86 or win40 directory as appropriate. If you look
through your trace you'll find an error indicating that samba was
unable to obtain the cversion of one of the files due to a file not
found error.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Love wouldn't be blind if the braille wasn't so damned much fun."
		 - Armistead Maupin