[VFS] CAP module

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Thu Aug 28 08:28:13 GMT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 12:55:49PM +0900, TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:
> >> The attachment file is a VFS module to support CAP encoding for Samba
> >> 3.0.0rc1. Using this module like:
> >>
> >> [macshare]
> >>   vfs object = cap
> >>
> >> file names including Non-ASCII character(s) are encoded with CAP
> >> encoding, which is used in CAP and NetAtalk.
> >
> >Isn't this really what a charset module is for?
>
> This module is charset free because it simply encodes/decodes a byte
> of 0x80 or above.
Yes. I checked it in.

> NetAtalk writes filename as "dos charset", so this module will be
> usefull not only for Japanese but also for other charsets.
I still not found time to revive my patches to Netatalk to use the same
approach as Samba uses w.r.t. charsets so that it would be working with
any iconv encodings, including UTF-8. We have this working in 1.5 but I'd
like to finish this for current version.

And with recent patch for CP932 for glibc support of Japanese could be
considered working.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
---