Unix passdb?

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Aug 20 08:01:19 GMT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 09:51:26AM +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> pdb_unixsam has been removed when idmap was added, I think. IIRC the
> reason it was removed was because the idmap system of Andrew and Simo
> provided a better solution for such accounts

Isn't idmap a system for mapping access, so requests to the server as
one account will actually be processed as if it was for another
account?

What do you mean by 'such accounts'?  I am speaking of normal - most
basic kind of - accounts - those are accounts which really exist on
the system, not created especially for Samba...

> but I doubt whether such a thing is still possible with the current
> system.

What do you mean?
What is the canonical configuration for a Samba server that serves
regular Unix accounts now?

> Jelmer

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/