'net' naming issues

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 4 21:10:44 GMT 2003

Bugzilla #270 points out that the 'net' command potentially conflicts with
Sun's Netlink and IBM's AIX FastConnect products' 'net' command.  Does
anyone intend to use Samba 3.0 and one of these products side-by-side on
the same box?  Both of these products have their 'net' commands modeled
after the win/os2 'net' command, as we did (though they both seemed to want
it closer than we did)...for the same reason we did.

It does not appear that this is a conflict to me.  However, other 'net'
commands may exist that we might want to consider...

Please chime in...before we release!

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center