interdomain trust rpc error (error in winbindd?)

Jeremy Drake jeremyd at apptechsys.com
Fri Aug 1 20:07:41 GMT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Can you retest the latest CVS ?  I fixed one problem in the spnego
> negotiate code.  I'm reproducing your problem but am getting a message
> about the account being disabled.
Here's what appears to be happening here.  The win2k pro member of the
samba domain sends a "SAM LOGON request" with Domain SID Size of 0 and
User Name of 0x00 0x00 (Unicode NUL) to the samba domain controller.  The
response from the samba domain controller is "user unknown" and that was
the end of the conversation.  There was quite a lot of stuff booting up
about registering and getting browse lists, and setting up a connection to
IPC$, but this was all there was to the attempt to connect.

Hope this helps.