Patch for Samba 2.2 -- fixes NIS auto.home problem

Jon. Hallett jjh at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 18 13:21:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

Attached is a patch for SAMBA_2_2 that fixes a problem that I think
appeared in Samba 2.2.2.

The problem is with the user home directory existence check in the
lp_add_home function in param/loadparm.c, and it stops users without proper
passwd entries from be able to connect to Samba.

(The background to this is that our Samba servers only have stub passwd
entries for non-administrators. As a result, the home directory existence
check will always fail, despite the fact that our configuration later
assigns each user a valid directory using "path = %p" and the NIS auto.home
feature.)

Jon.