msdfs referrals at share-level

Guenther Deschner guenther.deschner at suse.de
Fri Sep 13 15:18:00 GMT 2002

hi,

ok. we basically have a samba dfs-server that will send correct
msdfs-referrals while only shares were requested. the client receives
the links to the storage path and follows transparently.
this proves that redirection at the share-level works for us (and a
win2k-terminal-client).

but there's still some work to act as full "smb-proxy"...

thanks,
guenther

Guenther Deschner                          guenther.deschner at suse.de
SuSE Linux AG                                        GnuPG: 8EE11688
Berliner Str. 27                      phone:  +49 (0) 30 / 430944778
D-13507 Berlin                           fax:  +49 (0) 30 / 43732804