unknown RPC opcodes during join+logon

Vijay Kota vijay at spinnakernet.com
Wed Sep 11 20:37:00 GMT 2002

> Here are the two prototypes from our netlogon IDL file (slightly
edited):

> NTSTATUS NetrServerAuthenticate2(
>     [in] LOGONSRV_HANDLE ServerName,
>     [in] LPWSTR UserName,
>     [in] /* enum */ NETLOGON_SECURE_CHANNEL_TYPE SecChan,
>     [in] LPWSTR ComputerName,
>     [in] NETLOGON_CREDENTIAL *ClientChal,
>     [out] NETLOGON_CREDENTIAL *ServerChal,
>     [in, out] ULONG *Flags
> );
>
> NTSTATUS NetrServerAuthenticate3(
>    [in] LOGONSRV_HANDLE ServerName,
>    [in] LPWSTR UserName,
>    [in] NETLOGON_SECURE_CHANNEL_TYPE SecChan,
>    [in] LPWSTR computer_name,
>    [in] NETLOGON_CREDENTIAL *ClientChal,
>    [out] NETLOGON_CREDENTIAL *ServerChal,
>    [in, out] ULONG *Flags,
>    [out] ULONG *Unknown
> );
>
> You're correct about the additional uint32; not sure what this is yet
but
> IIRC it was set to zero in the trace we saw.

I think the uint32 is the return code since I have 0xC0000022 (access
denied) from my trace. My
question is regarding this. Is the algorithm for calculating client
credentials in Authenticate3
different from the one in Authenticate2? If so, can somebody give me
pointers to where I can find
the algo ?

Thanks,
Vijay