Planning 3.0alpha21 for Friday (10/25)

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Fri Oct 25 12:16:00 GMT 2002

At 10:29 23.10.2002 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 09:54:49AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote
> about 'Planning 3.0alpha21 for Friday (10/25)':
> > > FYI...
> > >
> > > Just giving everyone a heads up.  I will also roll RPMS
> > > for the various RedHat versions on this release.
> > >
> > > Also i will be examining the growing diff's between
> > > HEAD and SAMBA_3_0 tomorrow probably.  So beware if you
> > > have not been merging appropriate changes into both
> > > branches.
Hi Jerry,Volker,Andrew,Jelmer,

for me usrmgr with 3_0 is broken. I got an error 'local group doesn't
exists' ...
HEAD works fine.

I would loke Volker to merge the group mapp fixes he have done to HEAD to
be merged.

and the group_map move to pdb would also be nice (there're no changes only
renaming of the callers ...), it makes it esier for later patches to be
merged when we merged it to 3_0 now, I think.
together with my PDB_SET/PDB_CHANGED patch (I've heard of no bug since it's
in HEAD and it's much more robust for ldapsam because we doesn't eleminate
multivalued attributes!!!)
and the ldap connection caching patch ( if Andrew agree)
(this work quite well for me for a few days...)

metze