Domain login problem...

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Oct 23 13:58:20 GMT 2002

Please post general use questions to the samba at samba.org
The samba-technical mailing is for discussions of Samba
internals and development issues.  Thanks.

jerry

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am using Samba 2.2.6 with LDAP-support compiled in under RH7.3. (same
> happened with 2.2.5)
>
> I can logon from Win9x clients nicely to domain. I can usually
> join domain under Win2k-sp3. But I can't logon to domain.
>
> If I make local login to computer and then try to access shares,
> it works correctly.
>
> I can do logon to Linux with any user in LDAP. So nss_ldap & pam settings
> should be correct. I do have two LDAP servers here. One is master LDAP server
> and then another is at samba server. Master LDAP-server replicates all changes
> to samba server.
>
> I can find computer from LDAP (<comp name>$). If I delete it from LDAP and try
> to join again then it appears again there. So creating works (atleast somehow).
> There could be problem in this procedure.
>
> I am unsing smbldap-tools from samba package. And have configure master ldap
> server for write operations and samba server's ldap server for read operations.
>
> Also requiresingorseal has value 0.
>
> I am running out of clues here... So does anyone known how this problem could
> be fixed? I can provide samba/tcpdump logs on request.
>
> Thanks,
> Vesa Jääskeläinen
>
> -------- smb.conf -------
>
> [global]
>    log level = 5
>    workgroup = TECHDOME
>    netbios name = NORNOR
>    server string = just testing
>    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>    max log size = 50
>    security = user
>    encrypt passwords = yes
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>    local master = yes
>    os level = 64
>    domain master = yes
>    domain logons = yes
>    wins server = 1.2.3.4
>    dns proxy = no
>    domain admin group = @"Domain Admins" root
>
>    ldap suffix = dc=somedomain,dc=com
>    ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=somedomain,dc=com
>    ldap port = 389
>    ldap server = 2.3.4.5
>    ldap ssl = no
>
>    add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
>
> [homes]
>    comment = Home Directories
>    browseable = no
>    writable = yes
>
> [netlogon]
>    comment = Network Logon Service
>    path = /home/netlogon
>    guest ok = yes
>    writable = no
>    share modes = no
>
> [tmp]
>    comment = Temporary file space
>    path = /tmp
>    read only = no
>    public = yes

- --
 Hewlett-Packard           ------------------------- http://www.hp.com
 SAMBA Team                ---------------------- http://www.samba.org
 GnuPG Key                 ---- http://www.plainjoe.org/gpg_public.asc
 ISBN 0-672-32269-2        "SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours" 2ed