Recent Upgrade to Fix SNAP Server Problem

Kevin Stefanik kstef at mtppi.org
Fri Oct 4 14:58:01 GMT 2002

Are you only having these problems when going through the SNAP server?  If you
need snaps to authenticate via 2.2.x, I have a patch for that, but the domain
group list doesn't work.

If you're using 3.0 for another reason, the SNAPs use an older API that
doesn't (yet) get the group names for a user through the new groupdb or group
mapping mechanisms in 3.0.

Also, I think the new group mapping mechanism will take precedence over the
domain admin group. See the group-mapping howto for more details.

Kevin Stefanik

PS: If someone can point out the preferred mechanism for taking a user name
and turning it into a list of groups, I can fix that rNetUserGetGroups API to
do so.  I have some code to use the groupdb.c stuff, but last time I checked
that wasn't being used anywhere else.