Fallout from the MS Anti-Trust decision.

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Nov 4 18:34:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:

> I have been communicating with a lawyer friend who had some involvement
> with the Microsoft case.  Looking at the decision from the judge, we noted
> that it seems as though the prosecution failed to clearly explain Open
> Source and its importance in the marketplace to the judge.  As a result,
> the Judge did not recognize the importance of full and open disclosure of
> the APIs.

I wonder if the decision is no longer relevant.

I suspect that MS has lots of problems on their hands. There is a steam
roller of open source coming at them all over the world, and they have
grown big and bloated and unable to move swiftly.

I say, lets just continue to make it easier for people to get off NT and
onto Samba on UNIX :-)

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,