MSDfs and substitutions/default service..

Kevin Wheatley hxpro at cinesite.co.uk
Fri May 10 09:26:05 GMT 2002

Kevin Wheatley wrote:
> Shirish Kalele wrote:
> > There was a superfluous string_sub in the previous patch. Try this one
> > instead when you get a chance..
>
> Looks promising, I'm also using something like the patch below to
> allow for upper case in the path to the links under Win2K.
>
> My first tests show it working, I'll give it a bigger test today.

looks like Win2K explorer can sometimes decide to change the case of
what you enter ...
sending lowercase ... although I'm still looking into it it looks like
it could be that if you've been there before and it caches the path
then it sends lower case even though the first one was type uppercase
and it worked...

this is at a share level for a share shich doesn't exist and gets
passed to the default service as a %s, although I guess that won't be
the only case... looks like a 'hunt and rescue' path search will be
needed after all.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley              | These are the opinions of nobody   |
| Special Services (Projects) | and are not shared by my employers |