local_machine name

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Wed May 8 05:22:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

1st:
on my system (Samba 2.2.4) a remote rpcclient call responses in the location
'\\_smbserver\...' when using the IP address as location (find printers).
I think this is created in reply.c: reply_special.
The problem is, that loadparm.c: get_called_name scans for
"*SMBSERVER" which is no longer there...
This response leeds to errors, when trying a driver upload on my SAMBA box.
Sorry, if allready reported.

2nd:
I'm having problems with the "SHARP DM-4500 PCL6" drivers.
This is a Multi-function-printer-scanner-etc.
Everything works, exept for printing. I get the message, that the testpage
failed to print. May the driver try to comunicate and fails?
Any more ideas? There are no obvious error states in the logs and traces.

Thanks for your work and bye,

---
Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de