Internationalisation of messages!

Ali Hasnain Baqri ali.baqri at sun.com
Tue Mar 26 02:17:06 GMT 2002

Hi

Thank u very much for the reply.

Actually I am taking ouput from smbclient, and I hunt for english
strings like "ERRDOS" and "ERRnoaccess" in it. If I find these specific
strings, I assume that there is an error. e.g Consider the following output

params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file
"/usr/local/samba-2.2.2/lib/smb.conf":
        No such file or directory
Can't load /usr/local/samba-2.2.2/lib/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it
added interface ip=129.158.227.213 bcast=129.158.227.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

To search for error, I check each line in turn. I look for strings like
"ERRDOS" or "ERRSRV" followed  error code like ERRnoaccess.

I find the above pattern in any line of the output, I assume an error.
So my life depends on the fact that if there is an error, then
the output will contain ERRDOS/SRV etc in en_US and no other string, and
it will contain standard en_US codes like ERRnoaccess.

My question is, will these key strings change in different locales?

Regards and thanks in advance
Ali