Draft of branch maintainence and release plans....

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jul 8 18:06:02 GMT 2002

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > I've never suggested that anybody put any work on hold.  I'm just
> > worried about others promising features that I personally feel might not
> > be compleated in the timeframe and that I *know* have major hurdles in
> > the way.  In particular given that I'll probalby be the one working on
> > it anyway.  (I just like to set my own timelines).
>
> Just for the record, no one was placing the burden on you andrew
> (or even suggesting that it rested upon you).  If you don't want to
> do it or would rather work on something else, then that's fine.
> I think you read too much into the original proposal.

No, but from here it does rather look like I'm the only (team) person
working on PDC-specific code currently, particularly in HEAD.  (Hence
why I have am so glad to be working with kai, jelmer and metze on the
new SAM stuff - and with idra's keen eye on details I would prefer to
gloss over... ;-)

> Just out of curiousity, IIRC Kai did the current trust relationship stuff
> and tpot did the sam sync stuff.  Or am I remembering incorrectly here.
> I could be.  Memory is a little fuzzy.

Tpot did the sam sync stuff - but has indicated he is too busy to
continue, I worked with mimir on the trusted domains code - most of it
was actually done when I did AuthRewrite, and mimir sorted out some
important protocol details with the join etc.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net