win2000domain login

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Feb 28 09:16:52 GMT 2002

jason wrote:

> hi,
>
>    I can not join my win2000 machine to the samba pdc i keep getting
> the error message, "procedure number out of range"?, all the win 98
> clients are fine but not the 2000, i have added a user account for the
> machine but this still has not worked.
>
> I am using samba 2.2

Which version of 2.2? The released version or something you pulled from
the CVS long ago. There was an error like this at different times.

Upgrade to 2.2.3a, unless the bug in 2.2.3a is a problem for you.

Finally, since Win9X clients do not do real logons the way that
NT(-derived) clients do, they use different, less demanding, code paths.

--
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org, sharpe at ethereal.com
www.samba.org, www.ethereal.com, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba