Samba 3.0 on Solaris 9 using ADS?

Gareth Beale gfb at sdc.cs.boeing.com
Fri Dec 6 20:04:12 GMT 2002

I need to get Samba 3.0 built and configured on Solaris 9 to authenticate
against a W2K (AD) domain controller. The company is moving from mixed mode to
"pure" W2K and AD next year.

I found an article by Scott Lowe that provides some background for Redhat Linux,
but I wonder if anyone has done this for Solaris 9. Given enough time, trial
and error I can probably get it done, but before I invest the time I wanted to
check for any existing references. Anyone got this configuration running?

Gareth Beale