Samba-3.0-alpha19 as PDC and Openldap

georges.goebel at ist.lu georges.goebel at ist.lu
Fri Aug 23 06:07:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have installed Openldap 2.0.23 and downloaded the alpha version of Samba
(Samba-3.0-alpha19)  because I need the "userWorkstations" attribute of the
samba.schema. With Samba 2.2.5, everything works fine but
the "userWorkstations" attribute is not implemented, which I need. After having
compiled the alpha version of Samba 3.0, I took the same configuration file and
changed some parameters. Now the "userWorkstations" attribute is respected
(some users may only login on their own machine), but I am not able to login to
the Domain from a Windows 2000 SP2 client. With the command: "net use
\\servername\sharename /user:name" I may access the share name (only when the
user is on the machine I specified in userworkstations), but I cannot join the
domain under Windows.

My Question now: Is it POSSIBLE to join a domain with ldap password
authentification und samba 3.0 alpha, or do I have to wait for the release ?

I try under Red Hat 7.2 and Solaris 9

Here my global section:

[global]

   workgroup = SIN-NT2
   netbios name = testlinux
   server string = samba / nfs
   encrypt passwords = yes
   passwd program = /usr/local/smbldap-tools-0.7/smbldap-passwd.pl -o %u
   passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *successfully*
   unix password sync = yes

   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   log level = 7
#   max log size = 0

   domain logons = yes
   os level = 255
   preferred master = true
   domain master = true
   dns proxy = no
   wins support = no

   ldap suffix = dc=pch,dc=etat,dc=lu
   ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=pch,dc=etat,dc=lu
   ldap filter = (&(uid=%u)(objectClass=sambaAccount))
   ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers,dc=pch,dc=etat,dc=lu
   ldap user suffix = ou=Users,dc=pch,dc=etat,dc=lu
   ldap ssl = no

   security = user

   passdb backend = ldapsam_nua
   use spnego = no

   add machine script = /usr/local/smbldap-tools-0.7/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
   add user script = /usr/local/smbldap-tools-0.7/smbldap-useradd.pl -a %u
#   domain admin group = @"Domain Admins"

   logon path = \\TESTLINUX\profiles\%u
   logon home = \\TESTLINUX\%u
   logon drive = H: