Patch for testparm.c - Re: Samba problems?

Eddie Lania e.lania at home.nl
Sat Aug 17 08:40:00 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

Hereby I would like to add my patch to the utils/testparm.c file;

Change line 54:

        if (lp_wins_support() && wins_srv_count()) {

in to:

        if (lp_wins_support() && lp_wins_server_list()) {

This wil solve testparm complaining: "ERROR: both 'wins support = true' and
'wins server = <server>' cannot be set in the smb.conf file. nmbd will abort
with this setting." while the parameter 'wins server=' is not used in
smb.conf.

With friendly greetings,

Eddie Lania.