smbclient -M : big delays (fwd)

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 09:59:02 GMT 2002

Are we alone with this problem of 15-second "smbclient -M"?

Has anyone else seen it?

Can anyone confirm it?  (Or confirm that it is lightning fast for them,
so it must be our problem?)

Our clients are W2K.  The "About Windows" says:
   Version 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 1)

Our Samba servers (from which we run "smbclient -M") are Solaris 2.7 and
2.8, running a variety of Samba versions (both 2.0.x and 2.2.x).  But all
consistently give this delay (a 5-second delay at PC-client-end responding
to each of the three "SMBsend*" packets from the Solaris/samba server).

We're at a complete loss on this one...