samba and libsqlora8

Ben McConaghy benmc at deakin.edu.au
Mon Apr 22 19:24:02 GMT 2002

Hi all

I've been working on a patch for samba which authenticates clients from an
oracle database using libsqlora8. This works fine on solaris, but on linux
when I try to link even the original samba code with libsqlora8 I get the
following error in the log:

[2002/04/23 11:57:59, 0, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)] smbd/notify_kernel.c:kernel_notify_init(190)
  Failed to setup RT_SIGNAL_NOTIFY handler

Apart from this message samba seems to run as expected, however I'm puzzled at
exactly what is causing this and why it only happens on linux. The message
appears every time a new connection to samba is made, and should be able to
be reproduced pretty easily by linking in -lsqlora8 and -lclntsh to a standard
build of samba. Any ideas on why this is happening/how to fix it would be great.
I'm using samba 2.2.3a and have tried libsqlora8 2.1.13 and 2.1.16. Linux kernel
version (if it matters) is 2.4.18.

Cheers

Ben.

Ben McConaghy