R: Network path not found

PINTO ELIA PINTO.ELIA at insedia.interbusiness.it
Thu Apr 18 02:27:02 GMT 2002

The wins server is correct? Is it the same on client? which client (samba or
Windows)             ?

I think is a name risolution problem. From a win2000 or Nt client do:

ping <netbiosname> or net view \\<netbiosname. If it fail do

net view \\ <file://\\<> <Ip address>

If the wins server is correct (nmblookup -A <ipaddress win server> <netbios
name>) do on the linux box:

nmblookup -A 127.0.0.1 __SAMBA__

If this fail nmb is not running. And so on....

Hope this help