FW: (panic action)

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 2 17:23:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 05:07:18PM -0500, David Shapiro wrote:
> I don't think solaris has in /proc/%d an exe folder.  Is there an
> alternative way to do this for solaris?
>
> David

If you OS does't have a way to get to the original executable directly from
the pid, then you can just hardcode the path.  (GDB just needs the original
exe for retreiving the debugging symbols, so /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd would
do fine, except that you will have to change it for winbindd, and can't
overwrite the binary with a new one and still get any sense out of the
debugger)