'getent group' only returns a few groups - Solaris 8

Matt Pavlovich mpav at algx.net
Mon Apr 1 08:53:58 GMT 2002

No.  I opened a ticket with Sun, to see if it was anything on the
nsswitch side of things.  The only thing I was told was that there
should only be 1024 characters in a group listing ie:

group:x:100:name1,name2,name3 , etc..

and if there was a need for more names in a group than 1024 chars to
display it w/ multiple rows like:

group:x:100:name1,name2,name3.. (to 1023 chars)\n
group:x:100:name4,name5,name6

This doesn't hold as I had groups returned of 2500+ chars in one line.
I am still talking to the Sun ppl, but I still think it is a winbind
problem.

Matt Pavlovich